ETC695 Dipity

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Steve, our classmate in Tokyo, is fine.

From: Stephen Rothkopf <s_rothkopf@kist.ed.jp>
Date: March 12, 2011 2:34:57 AM MST
To: 'Chih-Hsiung Tu' <Chih-Hsiung.Tu@nau.edu>
Subject: RE: Earthquake

Hi Professor,

 

Thankfully our immediate area only experienced severe tremors with no apparent damage. My concern is more with nuclear power. I understand the economics, but why would a country challenge mother nature in this way! More as the situation develops. I am watching the news, but in the dark locally as virtually nothing is translated. We do not have local TV and feel somewhat in the dark.

 

More late,

 

Steve


Sent from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. The school closed 1.5 weeks early before our spring break and plan to reopen on April 4th. I had a spring break dive trip planned so left early for Thailand last Friday. The school and all building structures in my area of Tokyo were fine when I left. Real concerns, but very much over sensationalized by CNN and the like.

    The BBC had a good Q&A worth looking at:

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12732015

    Warm regards to all,

    Steve

    ReplyDelete