ETC695 Dipity

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

ETC666 Proposal to 695

Here are a few questions asked by our classmates.

 

Q: Am I correct in assuming that since I have a completed proposal from my 666 class last semester, that I have no assignments due until February, with the exception of the first week assignments?
A:  No.  We still need to submit our proposals by 1/31 for faculty reviewers to review.  We completed our proposals in 666, 647, or 677.  We can use it as a foundation and update it with feedback received from 666, 647, or 677.  Generally, ETC695 faculty reviewer team is much more critical.


Q: Can I submit my proposal early and get an early review by the faculty?

A: : No. Generally, the faculty reviewers review all proposals at the same time.


Q: Somewhere I saw a need to find 8-10 field reviewers of my proposal? When I submit for review, does it go to them as well as the NAU faculty? Is there a review form the field reviewers should use?
A: Yes, all reviewers' results should go in our project documents.  We do not need to include the NAU faculty reviewers' review results in our project report unless it is asked to do so since NAU faculty reviewers are the last ones to review our documents. Regarding to the review form, you want to consider creating one for your own use.  We do not have one since each project's review form is unique.


Q: In my 695 class, instructional materials were not required for submittal. Do I assume those instructional materials, power points etc. should be submitted in this class?
A: All capstone project related instructional materials, documents, presentations, relevant materials (video, pictures....) should be included in the capstone project/portfolio.  We can upload those documents online or submit them to TaskStream since these are the proof that we do complete our projects.

Q: Regarding the literature review, do I complete this on the subject of my proposal? For instance, my unit covers visual analysis in an engineering class. Do I do my lit review on visual analysis?
A: Literature reviews should focus on the technologies, and instructional designs that you integrate to our projects.  Yes, we need conduct why visual analysis is critical to technology integrations etc.  The literature reviews must have "literature" or "research" to support our arguments not just our own words.  If we integrate online collaboration, we need to conduct literature review in online collaboration.  What did research say about online collaboration?  How does online collaboration support learning?  What technologies are effective to enhance online collaboration?  This is what we need to do in literature reviews.

 

http://etccapstoneresourcecenter.wetpaint.com/page/ETC695+Q+%26+A

No comments:

Post a Comment